As promised, below are the questions and answers to the Constitution Day Quiz. An + appears next to the correct answer. If you have questions or disputes, please feel to write me in the Comments.
1. The phrase “separation of church and state” appears in the US Constitution.
2. According to the US Constitution, the President of the United States has war-making power.
3. The Legislative Branch consists of the Senate and House of Representatives.
4. According to the US Constitution, the Judicial Branch has the power to create law.
5. Which is NOT a branch of the Federal Government? (choose 1)
6. According to the US Constitution, can any branch give any of its Constitutional power to one of the other branches or to another entity?
7. Which of the following Federal activities are authorized by the US Constitution? (choose 1)
Department of Energy
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Department of Education
+ None of them
8. Where does the following phrase/concept appear? The Federal government must provide for public education.
+ Communist Manifesto
9. The concept of a graduated income tax (such as what we have today) is one of the planks of the Communist Manifesto.
10. The Federal Reserve is a Federal government organization.
11. Who said the following sentence: We have seen above that the first step in the revolution by the working class is to raise the proletariat to the position of ruling class to win the battle of democracy.
+ Karl Marx
12. All Federal employees, to include the President and Congress, take an oath (or affirmation) to support the US Constitution.
13. The President is “Commander-In-Chief” of the nation
During times of declared war
As soon as he takes office
At military functions
+ None of these
15. Who said the following sentence: Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.
+ James Madison
16. The concept of a central bank (the Federal Reserve) is one of the planks of the Communist Manifesto.
17. The Bill of Rights is:
+ The first 10 amendments
The 15th Amendment
The entire Constitution
All of the amendments
18. The President is elected if he:
+ Wins a majority of electoral votes
Wins most of the country’s votes
Wins all of the States’ votes
Wins most of the States’ votes
19. What was the name of the document used prior to the US Constitution:
+ The Articles of Confederation
The Declaration of Independence
The Federalist Papers
The Emancipation Proclamation
20. What type of government is the Federal Government required to guarantee to all States?
21. The 10th Amendment states, in part, that the federal government has no powers which are not enumerated in the US Constitution.
22. Congress can limit the jurisdiction of federal courts, to include the Supreme Court.
23. What type of government did the Constitution form for the United States?
+ A Republic
1. If neither the President nor Vice-President can serve, the position would be filled by:
+ The Speaker of the House
The Chief Justice
The elected President of the Senate
The Secretary of State
2. Is the United Nations an institution that the United States should support?
Support your answer: This, of course is a personal answer. The UN usurps the sovereignty of each member nation. It is a creation of progressives and former Communists (see 3 below). There has not been a decrease in war since the founding of the UN. Additionally, the US has not declared war since the founding although it has been at war almost perpetually since the UN’s beginning. The US has not won a war since the the UN was founded. Most of what is written in the UN Charter is opposed to the US Constitution and has none of its protections.
3. The United Nations was formed with the help of US citizens who were found to be traitors and communist sympathizers.
+ True (2 of which were Harry Dexter White and Alger Hiss)
4. The United Nations currently has all of the characteristics of government except: (choose 1)
+ Taxing (but it is working on it)